Installing and configuring the Ascend agent is a quick and easy process that can be accomplished in under 10 minutes. The following instructions outline the process for installation. If you have any challenges with the installation process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installation has three main steps as outlined below:
- Download and install the software
- Navigate to https://agent.retailtoolkit.com.
- Download the latest version of the file with "Setup" in it's name (example: "Retail Toolkit Agent Installation 1.1.1-1.0.2.exe")
- Go through the installation wizard, when the installation is finished, the configuration program will automatically run. Leave the program running as we'll need it later.
- Create the data source in RTK.
- Go to https://app.retailtoolkit.com/manage/location, click on the desired location name, then click "Add Data Source" toward the bottom of the screen.
- Select the "default" module and the "ascend_agent" type.
- Click "Next" and proceed to the steps below, do not click "Create" yet. (Once you click "Create" the key will never be accessible again.)
- Configure the Agent.
- Copy and paste the Agent ID and Key from the RTK page from the previous step above into the RTK Agent Configuration Manger.
- Go back to RTK and click the "Create" button in the New Data Source page.
- Populate the database information for your Database (Database IP, Database, Username, Password).
- Click "Save" and then "Yes" that you do want to start the RTK service.
- Go to RTK and verify that the location is accessible (https://app.retailtoolkit.com/manage/location/dsstatus)
Note: If the location you just configured the Agent for was previously configured to be accessed via a VPN, this old data source configuration must be deleted.