The purpose of this article is to walk you through retrieving and sending the log files from your Ascend connection utility to our Support team. The log files provide a wealth of information to aid with troubleshooting connectivity issues.
The steps to retrieve log files follow below, as well as a video to help walk through the process.
Steps to Retrieve Agent Log Files:
- Open the RTK Agent Configuration Utility
- Click “View Agent Log” button
- In the window that is presented, on your keyboard press and hold the CONTROL button and press the A key to select all text
- In the same window with the text selected, on your keyboard press and hold the CONTROL button and press the C key to copy all text
- Next open Notepad or another word processing program
- Paste the copied log text (Edit > Paste)
- Save the log file with “Agent Log” in the file name
- Return to the RTK Ascend Agent Configuration and click “View Monitor Log” button
- Repeat steps above to copy and save the monitor log
- Open your email and reply to any open ticket support emails or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the log files attached
If you have any challenges with this process, please view the video below for a full walkthrough of the process.